church event planning checklist
8 Steps To Follow In Planning a Church Event
1.) Identify Objective(s)- Before submitting your event, consider how does your event fit into our mission to:
a. Exalt the Savior
b. Equip the Saints
c. Evangelize the World
d. Serve the People of God
Your event should align with our core principles. If your event does not have a clear objective that meets one or more of our core principles further planning is necessary before moving forward.
3.) Research - Check the yearly calendar to ensure your event does not conflict with an event that has already been previously scheduled. Check the church leadership roster to contact all ministries that you will need to collaborate with in order to make your event a success. Make sure everyone is aware of what is going on and and has a general overview of what they're role will be. Some ministries may not have a role but as a courtesy you should alert them of what will be going on.
4) Reserve - Fill out the online reservation form to reserve a room/space for your church event. If you have any questions related to this, contact Sis. King, Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sis. King will send confirmation/denial of your space reservation.
5) Promote - Fill out the online form to publicize your church event in church and community communications (Refreshing Springs E-newsletter, Sunday Worship Service Announcements Page, Church Website).
- Every Member Ministries Quick Start Guide
- Event Planning Checklist (detailed)
- Event and Fundraiser Financial Planner
- Post Event Summary